How We Serve
Food Drive – We collect non-perishable food items for the YMCA facilitated Backpacks for Kids Program. Please place donations in the food chest, located in Fellowship Hall.
- Non-perishable food, preferably snack size.
- Examples: Tuna fish, peanut butter (plastic jars, not glass), breakfast bars, fruit cups etc.
- These donations are lovingly packaged by the Women’s Circle and given to the Backpacks for Kids Program, a program providing food over the weekend for children from food insecure homes.
- This programs allows children to have food over the weekend instead of having to wait for their Monday morning breakfast at school.
We are collecting household supplies for Interfaith Outreach Home.
Mission: The mission of IOH is to empower hardworking, homeless families through safe, affordable apartments and critical support services so they can achieve sustained self-sufficiency and stability.
Vision: The financial and emotional well-being of displaced, working families can improve when they have access to secure, affordable housing and support services. The goals of IOH are to keep families together, free from government assistance, and independently housed. Graduates of IOH are confident, contributing members of the larger community and armed with the tools to never be homeless again.
We warmly invite you to join us in empowering families in crisis as they work toward a brighter future.
Here is the list of what they need:
Gallon food storage bags
Quart food storage bags
13 gallon garbage bags
Liquid hand soap
Feminine hygiene products
Under arm deodorant
Basic household cleaners
Cold and flu medication
Vick’s vapor rub
Dish washing liquid (not for automatic dishwashers)
Kids Hope USA
We at Unity Atlanta are SO EXCITED to about our new “Life Together” program, in partnership with Kids Hope USA and Peachtree Elementary.
Program Mission: To build life-changing relationships one at a time: One Child, One School, One Church.
A uniquely equipped mentor, supported by a highly engaged prayer partner, and enabled by a scholarship provider, can change the world, one little world at a time. And our greatest resource is our capacity to share love, just by showing up.
Life Together is life at its best. This is how Beloved Community serves.
There are three ways to get involved.
- Be a mentor to a child selected by the school. This requires spending one hour a week with a child selected just for you between the hours of 10:45 and 1:15, depending on the child’s lunch period. There are many children waiting for a positive mentor in their life.
- Be a scholarship donor to a child and a mentor for $15.00 a month.
- Be a silent prayer partner for the mentor and child.