Adult Education abounds at Unity Atlanta. For information on all Adult Education classes, please contact our office 770-441-0585.
Current Adult Education Classes
“Meditation: It’s Soul Good!”
Class Dates: Sundays – July 21-August 25 at 12:30 -2:30 p.m.
Location: Unity Atlanta Room 111
Facilitators: Janis Gurr, Dianne Sluder, Joy Williams
Licensed Unity Teachers
Are you ready to…..
- To enjoy more happiness?
- Make friends with yourself?
- To connect more deeply with others?
- To relax the body and calm the mind? To tame the ‘monkey mind’?
- To feel more centered, grounded, and balanced?
- To align with a deeper sense of purpose?
- To awaken and experience the deeper part of yourself – your spiritual nature that is one with the Infinite?
Of course, you are! Join us for an experiential six week course to explore meditation techniques and practices. We will discuss and experience several paths of meditation while concentrating on Unity’s Practice of the Silence. As you discover the benefits (physical, mental and spiritual) through this exploration, you will be guided to create a personalized meditation practice to bring increased peace, health, happiness, loving relationships and so much more into your life. SEE credit will also be available.
- Bodian, Stephan. Meditation for Dummies, 2nd or 3rd Edition (or as we like to say, Meditation for Students who are Green and Growing J . Foster City: IDG Books Worldwide, 1999.
- Hasselbeck, Paul. Heart-Centered Metaphysics. Unity Village; Unity House, 2010
A six week study examining contemporary issues of racism and spiritual contemplation at Unity Atlanta Church.
Please register by Monday, July 22nd to email@example.com
Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around” a compilation of essays by Spiritual Directors of Color, edited by Therese Taylor-Stinson. The class is Co-Facilitated by Rev. Gregg Carlson and Dr. Pat Turner. The classes will be held Sunday mornings from 9:45 – 10:55 in the Meditation room of Unity Atlanta Church beginning Sunday, July 28 through Sunday, September 1. Each class will begin with 10 minutes of silent meditation. The book is available in the Unity Atlanta bookstore and on Amazon.
- Sunday, July 28: Prayer, Compassion and Social Justice. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Introduction, Chapters 1 & 2
- Sunday, August 4: The Power of Breathe in the Midst of Injustice. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Chapters 3 & 4
- Sunday, August 11: Contemplative Foundations of Social Justice – Kenosis and the Lord’s Prayer. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Chapters 5 & 6
- Sunday, August 18: Howard Thurman, Sacred Activism and Global Justice. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Chapters 7 & 8
- Sunday, August 25: Gender Inequality & Multi-Faith Conversation. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Chapters 9 & 10
- Sunday, September 1: Prepare your Heart for Social Justice & Contemplation in Action. Readings covered in class: Textbook – Chapters 11 & 12 and Epilogue
The Disappearance of the Universe with Michael Wilkinson
A Primer and Introduction to A Course in Miracles.
Are you ready? Are you ready to have your view of life, spirituality, religion, sickness, healing and sex turned upside down? To have your questions answered about why you are here, how you got here, why God “allows good people to suffer,” and how you end this seeming craziness? Are you ready to learn with crystal clarity how you experience “the peace of God” and experience the power of true forgiveness?
Then join us!
Starting July 7th 9:45 – 10:55 AM Room 107 Love Offering
Michael Wilkinson is a teacher of God. As the son of a Unity Minister, he learned early in life who his true Father is and the importance of listening for His One Voice. Michael has been a student of A Course in Miracles for over 30 years and more recently an avid appreciator of The Disappearance of the Universe by author Gary R. Renard.