Are you new to our Family & Children’s Ministry? We have a youth program for all ages – 3 years to high school grads. We also provide childcare for infants, 6 weeks to 3 years. Our youth program is filled with love, acceptance, spirituality, fun, games, outreach opportunities and so much more. Come check us out. Enter the lobby and turn left. Walk to the end of the hall, through the double doors and you’re there!
*Attention Parents* of children under 8 years old: on Family Sundays (the 1st Sunday of every month), please have your children attend the service with you for their special time with Rev. John before being escorted to Youth Ed for special activities.
The Nursery is open from 8:30 am-12:30 pm, for children ages birth to 3 years.
Our teachings empower the youth to live to their Divine Potential.
The mission of Unity Atlanta’s Youth and Family Education department is to provide children with a safe, nurturing, loving environment, while learning and applying spiritual principles. Co-founder of Unity, Myrtle Fillmore, asked the question, “Who will care for the children?”
Unity lessons published by the Unity Worldwide Ministries are based on a Living Curriculum philosophy. This is an approach that honors the wisdom within each of us, including children. It uses questions to ‘draw forth” the truth one already knows by using storytelling and creative experiences. Each lesson relates to an issue in a person’s life and seeks to facilitate an experience of God that connects to their daily life.
Sunday School fun facts:
* Sunday school begins at 11 AM
* After 11:15, we request that your child accompany you to the service as not to disturb a classroom that is already in progress
* Family Sunday is the first Sunday of every month. All children (except those in the nursery) are asked to accompany their parents to the Sanctuary for the first part of the service
* Sunday school teachers are volunteers from the congregation who generously donate their time to fostering spirituality in our next generation.
* Each classroom generally has two teachers at all times
* Please ask your child’s Sunday school teacher for a registration packet on your first visit
* Most curriculum used is published through Unity World-wide Ministries
Uniteens are adolescent (teens or preteens) Truth students seeking to develop self identity amidst rapid physical & emotional changes.
Uniteens are teens in grades 6, 7, 8 or equivalent, who come together to learn Unity Principles and how they apply to their lives, share fellowship in a safe, spiritually-based environment, & to be supported in their spiritual growth & development.
When Do Uniteens Meet?
Uniteen groups meet on Sunday mornings, at 11:00, at church for a weekly spiritual experience. In addition, there are planned social activities, fun outings, service projects & regional retreats. The events & activities outside of regular Sunday meetings help bond the group & provide opportunities to practice & apply spiritual principles to daily life.
What Activities Are Offered?
On Sundays Uniteens meet to explore Truth & its application in their lives through a meaningful Sunday lesson. This includes prayer, meditation, Scripture & activities related to the Sunday lesson. Social & Service gatherings are planned for friendship, group building & to raise the consciousness of selfless giving.
- Y.O.U. Spring Rally: March 31-April 2, 2017. The theme: ‘THE ROOT OF IT ALL’. Click here for flyer.
- Summer Connection: June 26-30, Black Mountain, NC
- International YOU Camp: July 10-14, Unity Village, MO The them: ‘THE SOUND IN SILENCE’
- Fall Rally: November 3-5, Epworth by the Sea, St. Simons Island, GA
The Youth Of Unity is comprised of teens in high school, or the equivalent. The Y.O.U. group in each Unity Church or Center is considered a Chapter.
GOALS OF THE Y.O.U. CHAPTER
CONCEPT: The purpose of the YOU chapter is to unify all young people who are seeking to express the indwelling Christ in accordance with the principles of practical Christianity, as taught and interpreted by Unity School and the Association of Unity Churches. This is accomplished through service, social and spiritual activities.
- To introduce the individual to Truth principles.
- To help the individual to understand and practice Truth principles in his/her everyday life.
- To involve the individual in prayer and meditation experiences.
- To promote individuals working together and enjoying fellowship, spiritual growth, study and service.
Some functions of the YOU chapter are to:
- Provide a weekly opportunity to explore a concept in Truth.
- Provide an environment of security and safety for the sharing and exploration of feelings.
- Create an atmosphere of total acceptance to help young people establish their own identity, self-worth and confidence, and a feeling of “belonging.”
- Help young people explore and seek a set of values FOR THEMSELVES.
- Help students define THEIR OWN purpose for living and develop a method of finding answers to life’s complexities.
- Help students develop a sense of interdependence through working together in a supportive, non-critical environment.
- Introduce new ways of communicating with self and others based on the principles of affirmations, denials and beholding the Christ in all people and situations.
- Expose the teens to their own personal power through creative self expression and service activities.
For more information about Unity Atlanta’s awesome Youth and Family Ministry, or if you are interested in teaching Sunday school, please contact: Helen Vaughn, Director of Youth and Family Ministries: Helen@unityatl.org , or 770-441-0585 x 209