How We Serve
Food Drive – We collect non-perishable food items for Norcross Cooperative Ministries. Please place donations in the food chest, located in Fellowship Hall.
- Trial size toiletries – Year round we collect trial size toiletry donations.
- These donations are lovingly packaged by the Women’s Circle and given to women in homeless shelters.
- The next time you stay in a hotel, bring the trial size shampoo, conditioner and body lotion home with you and donate them to Unity Atlanta.
Do you want to be part of the DREAM team? Here is your DIVINE opportunity to experience healing! Nine volunteers needed to assist with the Tibetan Bowl – Sacred Chakra healing event. Act now! Please email Pam Johnson: email@example.com and sign up to volunteer at angelsignup.com. Time commitment is 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Volunteers don’t need a ticket!
October 20, 2018
The Gwinnett Coalition for Health & Human Services in partnership with Volunteer Gwinnett is sponsoring the 19th Annual Gwinnett Great Day of Service October 19 & 20, 2018.
Unity Atlanta will participate by volunteering for the 8th annual Trick or Treat Trot and Family Festival sponsored by the Easter Seals of North Georgia www.eastersealsnorthgeorgia.org who strives to provide a world where all children can realize their dreams.
Volunteers will help with making balloons, costume characters, take photos and cheer on the runners. Registration, handing out water bottles ….
- Ages 16 and up
- Wheelchair accessible
- No court ordered volunteers
- Event will take place even if it rains
- Wear sneakers and comfortable clothes
All volunteers are required to agree and complete the waiver/release form-details to follow. Children under 18 years of age need permission from a parent or guardian to volunteer.
Date/Time: Sat. Oct 20, 2018 – 7:30am to 12pm
Meeting Location: 6400 Sugarloaf Pkwy Duluth, GA 30097
To sign up: Contact Nan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Backpacks and Suitcases For the children at Laurel Heights
Through-out the month of October, our Prayer Chaplains our collecting new and gently used suitcases and back packs for the children at Laurel Heights.
Please place your donations in the designated area in Fellowship Hall.
Thank you for your donations!
Kids Hope USA
We at Unity Atlanta are SO EXCITED to about our new “Life Together” program, in partnership with Kids Hope USA and Peachtree Elementary.
Program Mission: To build life-changing relationships one at a time: One Child, One School, One Church.
A uniquely equipped mentor, supported by a highly engaged prayer partner, and enabled by a scholarship provider, can change the world, one little world at a time. And our greatest resource is our capacity to share love, just by showing up.
Life Together is life at its best. This is how Beloved Community serves.
There are three ways to get involved.
- Be a mentor to a child selected by the school. This requires spending one hour a week with a child selected just for you between the hours of 10:45 and 1:15, depending on the child’s lunch period. There are many children waiting for a positive mentor in their life.
- Be a scholarship donor to a child and a mentor for $15.00 a month.
- Be a silent prayer partner for the mentor and child.
Facilitated by the Women’s Circle
Your holiday season will be complete when you can make Christmas joyful for a child in our community less fortunate. Our Angel Tree is a very personal ministry for families in the greater Peachtree Corners area. Each tag has gift information for a pre-screened wisher. There are also tags for purchasing gift cards on the tree!
If you want to participate, but don’t have time to shop this season, the Women’s Circle will be happy to shop for you. See the tree attendant at the Angel Tree table to donate.
November 4 – December 2 (5 Sundays)
The tree is located in the Lobby
- Take an ornament
- Buy a gift
- Leave it unwrapped
- Attach the ornament as a gift tag
- Return to Unity Atlanta to either the Women’s Circle tree attendant or staff by Sunday, December 2nd.